|SouthSanJose.com: The Community Web Site Serving Santa Teresa, Almaden Valley, Blossom Valley, Coyote Valley and Evergreen|
|Friday, March 17th, 2006 @ 6:07 PM|
Subj: Aluminum wiring|
From: Walter Alvey
A lot of the houses in the Los Paseos neighborhood have aluminum wiring. I understand it can be a fire hazard. (See http://www.inspect-ny.com/aluminum.htm.)
I had an outlet start sparking a few days ago because of a loose connection. I wondered how others have dealt with this. According to the above web site, there are various techniques, including getting the house re-wired or using special pigtails on the connections. Does anyone have any opinions about these? How much does rewiring usually cost? (I have a feeling it is a LOT.) Is it overkill?
Also, I know of at least 3 house fires in the neighborhood in the last few years. I think one was caused by a spark from the fireplace. I wondered if the others were caused by wiring problems or something else?
What's New |
Community News |
Organizations / Groups | Businesses | Government | Schools | Parks | Places of Worship | Real Estate | Services
Utilities | Crime | Classifieds | Ridesharing | Sports | Lost and Found | Free/Nearly Free | Chat/Messages
Feedback | Home Improvements | Survey | Search | About Us | Meet Our Sponsors
Copyright © 1998-2017, Scott and Donna Scholz (SouthSanJose.com)
All Rights Reserved
Number of visits to this page since 01/27/2004